There are several exciting events happening at the coast this summer, here are a few of our favorites near Cannon Beach and Seaside. Come stay with us while you are out exploring our backyard. Click here to stay with us.
1. June 10th-12th Cannon Beach Sand Castle Contest: Come enjoy one of the oldest sandcastle contest events and help celebrate it’s 52nd year. On Saturday the 11th, participants can build sand castles with a chance to win cash prizes and there is even a children’s division where they can win medals and ribbons. Even if you don’t sign up to participate, this is a must-see event just to spectate at. Over the course of the whole weekend there will also be live music, a pancake feed, a bonfire and a 5k fun run/walk to close out the event on Sunday morning.
3. June 24th-26th 8th Annual Plein Air & More Art Festival in Cannon Beach: 50 artists creating art “en plain air” around town and on the beach. Taking photographs of the beach is great, but what about watching someone paint the coastline brush stroke by brush stroke? Come watch the artists work and stop into the galleries for receptions held for their featured artists.
3. 4th of July Parade in downtown Cannon Beach & 4th of July Firework show in Seaside, OR. There are many events to choose from on 4th of July, but these are two of our favorites. Start your morning with the parade at 11am. Come enjoy the patriotic small-town feel and classic cars driving down the main route. Gather with your family to see the red-white and blue flow as you watch children laughing while catching candy. It starts northbound on Spruce street and then loops back onto Hemlock street headed south through downtown.
The Firework show in Seaside starts at 10pm after a series of events occurring during the day.
4. August 12th-14th Seaside Beach Volleyball Tournament: Come watch the 35th annual event with over 1000 teams competing in the World’s Largest Amateur Beach Volleyball tournament.
5. August 27th-Hood to Coast Relay Finish line after party: Come party after one of the largest and longest relays in the world ends. There are 12,600 in the Hood To Coast Relay, and 5,400 more in the Portland To Coast Walk Relay and High School Challenge Relay. There will be a huge celebration including awards, live music and food.