Summer is near! Plan a trip to the coast and stay with us in Seaside, Oregon. We have one beach front property, Inn at the Prom and a B & B, one block back from the beach, the Gilbert Inn. Enjoy making new memories at these small-town events this summer.
1. Cannon Beach Sandcastle Contest, June 17th: the much anticipated event starts with a parade at 5:30pm the on Friday, June 16th, and the contest, where dozens of teams of families, amateurs and professionals build sand sculptures is the following day, Saturday, June 17th from 8:30am-1:30pm. Finish out the event with the Singing Sands 5k fun run/walk on Sunday Morning.
2. Seaside Muscle and Chrome car show, June 17th: Come walk the streets of Seaside and see show-quality vehicles from 1960 to 1978 and factory performance vehicles from 1979 to 2017. This event takes place in Downtown Seaside, along Broadway and connecting side streets. The public can view cars for free on Saturday from 7:00 a.m.-6:00 p.m.
3. Fourth of July Events: Come visit the coast for some old fashioned Independence Day fun.
Cannon Beach Parade: Starting at 11 am, the parade winds north up Spruce and back south down Hemlock.
Stop by the American Legion across the street from the midtown parking lot to gear up for the Independence Day parade with face painting and patriotic hats starting at 9am. Then, when the parade is over, come back for hot dogs. Donations accepted.
Great Puffin Watch: 8-10 am from July 2-4. Walk down to Haystack Rock (which is a National Wildlife Refuge) where interpreters with scopes help visitors see Tufted Puffins and other birds and learn about tide pool life.
Seaside’s 4th of July Parade: 11am, floats and marching bands.
Seaside’s 4th of July Old Fashioned Social: 11am at the Seaside Museum. Enjoy food, music, games, a hilarious cake walk, silent auction, face painting and much more. Enjoy free tours of the museum.
Seaside’s 4th of July Drum and Bugle Corps Concert: 2pm at Broadway Park.
Seaside’s 4th of July Fireworks show: Every year Seaside hosts one of the largest fireworks shows on the West Coast. Enjoy a 25 minute show timed to music (tune your radio to KSWB 840 am for synchronized music) down at the Seaside beach. Starts at dusk.
4. Seaside Beach Volleyball tournament: August 10-13th. Over 1000 teams compete in the World’s Largest Amateur Beach Volleyball tournament.
5. Hood to Coast: August 26th & 27th. 1,050 teams makes this the largest relay in the world. The race spans 199 miles, from the top of Mt. Hood to the sandy beaches of the Pacific Ocean in Seaside, Oregon. August 26th: winning teams announced, August 27th: Awards ceremony.